Saturday, February 12, 2011

Show and Tell

I pretty much love pictures, and I just figured out how to upload them here. So in honor of Saturday, here are some pictures of how my life has been going for the last month!

Last weekend, one of my archeology friends invited me over to learn how to flint knap (that's making stone tools for those of you not as nerdy as me). This is how beat up my leather gloves got, the flakes I made, my hammer stone, a chunk of obsidian I was working on and the glass at the bottom was the closest I came to making a bi-face. It was so cool.
In observance of the first Valentine's Day I have been single for since I was 15, I bought myself purple flowers at the Farmer's Market! I also decided to go for a rose, because I feel like I deserve one :)

I'm making jam today out of these! They aren't as sweet as the ones from the fall, but I'll have fresh strawberry jam on my homemade bread for breakfast tomorrow.


Some more of my Farmer's Market goodies. I went for tangerines instead of oranges this week and I am so glad I did! These are amazing!

This is where I go to school. Also, just so we're clear: I took this yesterday, February 11. That purple hillside has been in full bloom for two weeks! I kinda love how green and beautiful it all is! Also the stucco buildings are starting to look normal.


This is the view from outside my bedroom window. It is kind of hard to tell but the tree is budding/ starting to flower! Spring comes so early here.


Freeways and highways and over-passes and under-passes, oh my! Driving in San Diego has been an adjustment. Not only are there crazy roads going in every direction, but 70 is the normal speed on the freeway! But they are starting to feel normal, the other day I got upset at someone going 60 on the freeway!


This is me, and my 603 reading that takes up most of my life; we read a book a week for just that one class! I went to the beach to read and take notes my first weekend back in SD.
So there you have it. My life in a picture montage: Homework, farmer's market, nerdy archeology, and adjustment to life in Southern California!
Although I cannot say I'm fully adjusted; I still can't say SoCal with a straight face!

No comments:

Post a Comment