Friday, February 4, 2011

Friday!

Just so you all know, I don't have work or class on Fridays. Be jealous. So instead of spending my day sorting shell miden (that's what I do at work) or stressing about having enough to say in class; on Fridays I get to do fun things! Usually, I drive out to the beach and do some reading for class in the sand and sun and then about 3ish I head over to the farmer's market and pick up some delicious fruits and veggies (PS: Going to a farmer's market in February is Amazing!).

This Friday is different, though. For one thing, it's kinda cold outside! It's not like 40 inches of snow and a night temperature of -15, but it is under 70 and that makes it just too cold for me to enjoy the beach. For another, I have a colloquium to attend at 3:30, so that discounts the farmer's market part of my day, too.

DON'T PANIC!

I have a back-up plan! Instead of Beach/Veggie shopping, I have decided to have a baking day! As we all know, a baking day is one of the best things in life, but it tends to put a little strain on the waistband when you live by yourself. But I have thought this plan at least half-way through. And the plan is this: Only bake things you need or can give away. It's basically brilliant. I'm baking bread (cause I stopped buying bread in September, if you didn't know) and I'm also baking cookies cause I owe some people some thank yous for helping me out in a pinch.

I'm also thinking maybe I should do laundry at some point because I haven't done any since being back in San Diego, which has almost been four weeks. Aaaand potentially clean my apartment because it is even scarier how long I've let that slide.

Anywho, the point was this: Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment