Friday, December 10, 2010

What have you learned this semester?

Today was my last day of class of my first semester in San Diego! I still have finals to power through, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I've come a long way from that first class. But I've learned a lot this semester and hardly any of it has to do with Anthropology.

I now know my way around SDSU's campus. I have a favorite place to work in the library and a favorite place to get coffee. I know how to buy lunch for cheap on campus. I know where and when the Farmer's Markets are. I know where I have to stand in the trolley station to get service. I know when the laundry room in my complex is going to be empty. I know how to deal with ants and black widows inside my apartment. I know how to dress for Southern California weather. I know the people in my department. I know how my oven is going to bake things. I've even made friends!

And I know that I can do it. I've started over and it's working! San Diego has become my home and, even on a Friday night when I'm still in the library working on finals until 6, I like it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment