Monday, December 6, 2010

Christmas Music

I miss Christmas. Don't get me wrong, I love palm trees and 70 degree weather but it's just not the same as two feet of snow. I made cookies last night for a class potluck I have today and while I was baking and frosting, I set Pandora to play classic Chrsitmas tunes. I was happy as a clam singing along and then "I'll be home for Christmas" came on and I couldn't hold back the tears. I blame finals. Or perhaps it's homesickness. But whatever it is I want my Mom! Whew. Don't worry, in two weeks I get to go home! Also, So here we go finals, you may have won last night's battle, but I will dominate you, or at least I'll cry trying!

3 comments:

  1. So I still have a lot of Kleenex...should I be sending some your direction?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just had my own little breakdown today. Forgot my wallet at home- didn't realize it until I got to work. I was supposed to take a client out to lunch- there I was with no license and no money. Sigh... It was really a small thing (I just needed to reschedule), but on top of everything else I just flipped out. I cried in my sup's office. It was a whole to-do. Very embarrassing.
    HANG IN THERE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! I still have two boxes of Kleenex, don't worry! Some days you just need to cry and this is the season for break downs. Somedays I kinda think I should wear a sign around that says: Danger: grad student, may suddenly erupt in tears.

    ReplyDelete